Saturday, February 10, 2007

Trying to catch up

*OK, the local D.C. weather people are already scaring everybody to get to the grocery stores as quickly as possible to snatch up all the milk, bread and toilet paper available; schools I'm sure are already getting ready to close. A snowstorm that could bring "significant accumulations" to the area is forecast for Tuesday. Um, "significant accumulations" around here is 6 inches or more. Been to Oswego, N.Y., lately? I'll bet they could tell you a lot about "significant accumulations." About 7 feet worth. Talk about needing all the milk, bread and toilet paper you can find. I never understood why people around here freaked out at the grocery store. Now if I lived in upstate New York I could understand it. Check out this Associated Press photo from www.usatoday.com:

*Didn't get a chance to blog on Friday. Survivor: Fiji looks like it's going to be pretty good. Like my sister said, there are already a couple of people to dislike, but I'll give them more time. I watched it after work Thursday night, then before I had a chance to think about it, deleted it from the DVR. I knew immediately what a Dora move that was. Ed didn't get to see it because he was watching Ugly Betty. Can you say ooops?

*Been back in the gym every day this week. I wasn't going to go today, but after talking to Ed, I think I probably will head that way. We don't really have anything planned as of yet, so off I go.

No comments: