Monday, February 5, 2007

Post Super Bowl XLI doldrums

So this is my first post on my first blog. The day after my Chicago Bears were basically crushed by the Indianapolis Colts 29-17 in a rainy Miami. We had a few people over, and we all had a very good time. Good food, lots of beer, not so good game. But it's like I told Ed (my other half of 15 years) -- it's not as bad as the Cubs losing the National League Championship Series to the Marlins in 2003. Five outs to go -- that was crushing. At least I was able to see Da Bears of Mike Ditka win Super Bowl XX in 1986 over the New England Patriots. Talk about a party -- I was president of the Zeta Eta chapter of Pi Kapa Alpha Fraternity at the University of Arkansas at Little Rock.

I'll get over this -- just in time for Spring Training, where I can turn my attention to the Cubs and my second favorite team, Washington Nationals. Can't wait for the Cubs to visit over July 4. And the new Nationals ballpark opens in 2008. Lots to look forward too ...

No comments: