Thursday, February 15, 2007

Tim Hardaway

My but he doeth protest too much.

Retired Miami Heat guard Tim Hardaway said Wednesday that he hates gay people, though he later said he regretted the remarks.

"You know, I hate gay people, so I let it be known. I don't like gay people and I don't like to be around gay people," he said while a guest on Sports Talk 790 The Ticket. "I'm homophobic. I don't like it. It shouldn't be in the world or in the United States."

The discussion was sparked by last week's announcement that retired NBA center John Amaechi is gay.

Hardaway was working for the NBA, but has reportedly been removed from further league-related appearances. "It is inappropriate for him to be representing us given the disparity between his views and ours," NBA Commissioner David Stern said in a statement to the South Florida Sun-Sentinel.

Smart man, that David Stern. Hardaway? What an idiot. I hope nobody's in the way when the hinges come flying off that closet because somebody will get hurt.

No comments: