Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Nationals Presidents Races

Man would that be fun. The Washington Nationals are looking for part-time performers to run in their famous Presidents Races that they do between innings at RFK Stadium. Kind of a takeoff on the Racing Sausages at Miller Park in Milwaukee. If my schedule allowed it, trust me, I'd be there.

But I can say that the Nationals mascot, Screech, is one of the worst in professional sports. When you say Screech, how many people think of Saved by the Bell? Exactly. It's supposed to be a baby Eagle, but it looks like a fat, furry gremlin. Here's a picture of both. You decide.

*Speaking of baseball, and I'm always speaking of baseball, it's 47 days, 17 hours 40 minutes until Opening Day and 15 days, 19 hours, 35 minutes
until the first spring game. Can't wait.

No comments: