Thursday, March 29, 2007

Trapper

His body just gave out.

The old man left Ed and I today, but we know he's in a better place, and he's playing with k.d. and Molly. Those three were quite the sight around the condo at one time.

Trapper and I had our moments, but I really loved that dog. The last couple of years he and I actually bonded and came to an understanding. Every time I greeted him or picked him up to take him outside I'd say either "C'mon old man" or "C'mon little man."

He was Ed's buddy. Ed rescued him from a PetSmart back in 1994 or early 1995. Those two made it through a near-winter in Buffalo and a cold winter in New Hampshire. And he was the apple of Ed's grandparents' eyes. He was pretty much loved by everybody. Even some of the assistants at the vet's office came in to say goodbye to him.

I'm going to miss him. He turned into a wanderer the last couple of years, and barked at who knows what. But it's going to be a lot quieter around the house now.

Ed says goodbye here. Check out the Rainbow Bridge. It's pretty neat too.

There's a picture of Trapper on the right side of my blog.

See ya dude.

No comments: