Wednesday, March 21, 2007

I'm back!

Sadly, the cruise is over and I'm already back at work.

But what a fantastic 8 days it was. Every stop -- Casa de Campo, San Juan, St. Thomas and Nassau -- had its own quirks and charms, but it was St. Thomas that again was the highlight of the trip. Living there would not be hard.

We parasailed for the first time. Was that fun or what? We went up about 400 feet for about 10 minutes. I could have stayed up there 10 hours. We're still going through pictures, so none to post yet, but as soon as we get them downloaded, I'll share.

The weather for the whole trip was picture perfect, though it was a bit windy in the Bahamas. The food was delicious -- our final night dinner at the Olympic Restaurant aboard the Celebrity Millennium was the best meal of the trip and well worth the added cost for a little bit of pampering.

There was a group of 15 of us -- that's all of us at left during the life boat drill. We literally turned that ship upside down. As soon as we walked on that boat, it was a gay cruise. Fun was had by all.

There was one upper and one downer after I got back. Went to wash my clothes, looked into two pants pockets and found $300! I had wondered why my cash had seemed to disappear so quickly. And I got my cellphone bill today -- for 4 minutes of calls on the trip, I was billed $64 in roaming charges. Ouch.

All in all a great trip. I'll be posting about this cruise until our next one -- which we are already planning. We'll either do a tour of European capitals or a cruise through the Panama Canal.

The picture at the top is as we were pulling out of St. Thomas. It had been a beautiful day and a little rain storm came in creating this beautiful rainbow.

No comments: