Thursday, March 8, 2007

Gym update

Got a nice workout in today since I probably won't be able to work out again for a few days.

Josh comes in tomorrow morning, followed by Cheryl & Val in the afternoon. On Saturday, Ed and I plan to get our hair cut and show those three around D.C. a bit -- Josh has never been here before, and I think he's really looking forward to it. Sunday we leave for the cruise, so the first day I might be able to get back in the gym would be Monday on the boat. And that would be OK since we have a full day at sea to start the trip.

When I started this awful regimen Jan. 16, I weighed 189 pounds and was probably well on my way to 200 (which I've never weighed in my life, nor will I). I now weigh 173 and can see and feel the difference. In fact yesterday I went through my closet and started pulling down all the jeans/slacks that I haven't been able to wear for a few years.

So, yes, I hate working out. But I like what I'm seeing, so I'll push on.

And thank God for the iPod Ed bought me for Christmas last year. It's much easier to do what you need to do when you can tune everybody else out.

No comments: