Wednesday, January 12, 2011

P90X

So my workout today is complete. Legs & back.

But that's not why I'm blogging about it. My other half, Ed, thinks P90X is a cult. A pyramid scheme. Never mind the fact that I lost more than 30 pounds last summer, going from 190 to a low of 156. I'm back up to 165 now, but that's a good thing, a planned thing, because I think I lost too much weight. Too many people asking me if I was sick.

But look at what the "cult" did for me. Check out the photos, me swinging before P90X and me swinging after, at the Gay World Series last August in Columbus, Ohio. There was such an improvement over the previous season that I was named MVP of my softball team, Capitol Punishment. Imagine that -- me, 50, named MVP over players some more than half my age. That'll teach 'em.

I should go ahead and just become a P90X coach. I've been offered, but that part of the business I'm just not sure about. But they tell me that since I'm always talking about it and promoting it, I should get paid for it.

They have a point. We'll see. But for now, I'll just Bring It.

1 comment:

Eunice K. said...

just randomly found your blog! wow- crazy improvement! great job! I totally feel you on the beach body coach thing. I'm a little wary of that aspect but am a believer of the p90x program though. we've gone on and off the program but we're restarting it faithfully - now on day 13. Hope you can follow us! We figured the more people who follow the more accountable we can be - plus would be great to ask p90x grads questions about their experiences throughout the program.

bring it!

sef (of sef and sariah)
http://ssfitexpress.blogspot.com