Monday, January 24, 2011

Jay Cutler

So it turns out he really was hurt. Tore or sprained his MCL. And I can tell you, from experience, that he was right to come out of the NFC Championship Game.

I tore my ACL in my left knee about 9 years ago. It took almost a full year for me to recover and get back on the softball field.

So ... I'm sure the mea culpas will be coming from players like Maurice Jones-Drew and Darnell Dockett, and ESPN analysts like Mark Schlereth, who questioned whether or not Cutler quit.

What ever happened to the player's fraternity? If I were Cutler, I'd say screw all you guys. And when he does lead us to the Super Bowl next year, I can see Cutler giving the big middle finger to all those who doubted him -- players and fans alike. I mean really? Calling him Quitler? Burning his jersey?

As for me, I'll welcome back Jay Cutler with open arms.

Cutler photo courtesy AP

No comments: