Friday, January 14, 2011

Only 75 days until ...

... Baseball's opening day. I should be thinking about the Bears-Seahawks game Sunday, or even the Stanley Cup champion Blackhawks (I miss you Dustin Byfuglien). But somehow, it all comes back to the Cubs.

Trust me. If the Bears don't win Sunday, I'll be in mourning until pitchers and catchers report in February. But until then I can revel in the trade for Matt Garza and the other offseason moves they made -- signing Carlos Pena and bringing back fan favorites Kerry Wood and Reed Johnson. The Wood signing was especially sweet -- he can still close if Carlos Marmol falters. And Johnson is one of the guttiest players in baseball.

And thank God the Cubs did make some moves. The Brewers got Zack Greinke and they still have Fielder and Braun. The Cardinals still have Pujols. The Reds won the NL Central last season despite Dusty Baker. Notice I didn't mention the Astros or Pirates.

And watch out for the Nationals this year. They probably aren't going to the playoffs, but they are going to have a say in who does. Who woulda thought Jayson Werth would want to play in D.C.? Oh ... forgot about that $126 million check they flashed in front of him.

Oh well. No P90X workout today. I tweaked my right knee and I'm pretty sore from the last couple of days. Week 2 of Round 3 starts tomorrow.

And I might as well go ahead and make a prediction about Sunday's game.

Bears 31, Seahawks 9.

Please.

No comments: