Sunday, March 16, 2008

Spring around the house

Ed and I have gotten a lot done around the outside of the house. He's been planting and doing stuff of that nature (he's also the resident firebuilder) while I've been cleaning the gutters, doing poop patrol and raking leaves.

We put the deck table out and cleaned the umbrella, though in some places you really can't tell. The birds around here eat a lot of red berries, and when they poop they poop red. And it stains just about everything it falls on.

Our neighbor Phyllis gave me another lighthouse, too. This one also seems to be an antique, and it came in four pieces that we had to glue together.

Josh and I got out and threw the softball around and went to the batting cages. A little sore today, but it's a good sore that I expected after getting in my first softball action of the spring. I'd like to be able to get out and at least throw the ball around as much as possible in the next few weeks.

And we're only two weeks away from the start of baseball, less than that for the Cherry Blossom Festival in D.C. Let the games begin.

No comments: