Monday, March 10, 2008

I'm just a rambler ...

*My neighbor in back of us, Phylis, gave us an old lighthouse that looks like an antique. I love lighthouses -- we have two in the front yard, one being a bird feeder. Phylis is very nice. She and Ed and have bonded in the past over plants.

*I want to go bowling, but nobody wants to go with me. Maybe Josh does. Ed doesn't seem to want to. We used to be in a league, for several years actually. But now it's kind of pain, considering where we live and all. I've got about a 160 average. Which doesn't compare to my softball friend Bobby's 200 or sister Cheryl, who probably comes in close to that. Bitches.

*Ed doesn't want to see 2007 Best Picture winner No Country for Old Men either. That's OK. I pre-ordered it on iTunes, and it is supposed to arrive tomorrow. Josh and I will give it a look this weekend probably. Ed will probably watch too, though he says only because it'll be on in the same room. He likes the Coen Brothers, so I think he'll like this too. I just hope I'm not in for a big disappointment.

*Is the weather ever going to change? After last week's near-Tornado, we had more heavy rain and winds this weekend. And it's snowing everywhere in the country but here. I like winter, but even I'm getting tired of this crap. Bring on spring for God's sake.

*Softball is just around the corner. I'll continue to coach my work team that plays on Saturday mornings for as long as they'll have me, but this will probably be the last year I play for my gay team NITRO, which plays on Sunday afternoons. Believe it or not, I've decided there are other things to do with my weekends.

Did I just say that? I must be feverish ...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Mark,

"The fog is getting thicker......"