Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Heartburn is already setting in


Alfonso Soriano has a broken finger. Aramis Ramirez has a sore shoulder. Mark DeRosa has a bum ticker.

Spring training has just begun for the Chicago Cubs and I'm already worried.

At least the pitching staff seems to be in good shape -- there haven't been many years you could say that -- save for Jason Marquis' holier-than-thou attitude. Hopefully the Cubs can ship him off to the Orioles in any kind of deal for Brian Roberts.

Please, please, please make this deal soon. With DeRosa's heart in question -- his real one, not his mojo -- somebody needs to come in and play second base. Give the O's what they want, and include Felix Pie. As you can see, I am not a Pie fan.

On a happier note, I now have tickets to all three games when the Cubs visit the Washington Nationals next month. Five tickets to each game. Cheryl and Val are coming in, and along with Josh we'll have a great time. I wasn't going to buy the Sunday tickets, mostly because of the quick turnaround from a Saturday night game to a Sunday afternoon game. But I figured I'd get them just in case.

Maybe by then I'll know just how many cases of Tums I'm going to need to get me through the season.

No comments: