Monday, July 2, 2007

If it's not one thing it's another ...

... My softball nickname isn't Dora -- as in Dumb -- for nothing. Something always seems to be going on or wrong when it involves softball or picking up a hammer. And those two things have nothing in common except that I got hurt doing both this weekend.

My work softball team finished the regular-season 10-6, and is the No. 8 seed in the MMSL tournament July 14-15. I think it's a great finish and not a bad seed. But I was hurt in the second game Saturday, pulling my left calf muscle when I hit a divot in left field chasing a foul fly. Two days later and it feels like a bad charley horse. I have no doubt I'll be ready for our four games this weekend in my gay league.

Then, yesterday I was helping Ed with the Deck-O-Vation and hammered my left-flip off finger. It's swollen and blue today.

Now if I can just find somebody to flip off... Maybe Ed, since he went out and bought a new iPhone...

No comments: