Monday, July 2, 2007

Cubs vs. Nats

Well, the day has finally arrived. Tonight is the first of a four-game series at RFK Stadium between my beloved Cubs and second-favorite team, the Nationals.

I had a friend ask who I'd be rooting for. DUH. No contest. I'll be pulling out Cubs shirts this week I haven't worn since they were here last year.

And both teams are heading in opposite directions. The Cubs have won 8-of-9 and just took 2-of-3 from the NL Central-leading Brewers. Ugh again. But a big week by the Cubs here and another next weekend in Pittsburgh and the Cubs will be rolling into the All-Star break. They really are playing their best ball of the season. The Nats won yesterday, but are in last place in the NL East with the same record they had at this point last year. I'm confident 2008 and especially 2009 will be big years for the Nats.

But that's then, this is now. Time for the Cubs to put a whupping on the Nats and beat the teams they are supposed to be beating.

I'll report on each day/game at RFK. I didn't take this week off of work for nothing.

And like the sign says, nothing better than the Cubs and a cold Old Style beer. No Old Style at RFK -- I'll have to pay the $7 for a warm beer there and dream.

No comments: