Monday, July 23, 2007

Timmy the tumor

Well, it's been almost a week and the thumb is feeling pretty good, as you can see by the picture. Had the giant cell tumor removed last week. I head back to the doctor on Wednesday and hope to have the stitches removed then.

I was awake during the whole procedure, which took about a half-hour. Didn't feel a thing, which is good. And while I wanted to watch, or at least catch a peek, they wouldn't let me. Oh well.

They said it would be up to me as far as how soon I wanted to get back to playing softball. Fall ball begins soon, with the Gay World Series in Phoenix just around the corner in early October.

The thumb is stronger than I thought it would be, so I don't think it'll be long before I'll be swinging a bat again.

Not soon enough, I'll tell you that...

No comments: