Monday, July 23, 2007

Umm, about that gnome-napping...

Turns out our little friend wasn't swiped, and apparently didn't run away from home either. Ed found him on his back underneath the growth in the corner of the garden, near the pussywillow bush (he, he, I said pussywillow bush!).

The poor guy. All those days and nights and weeks perched on his back. I know some friends who wouldn't mind that, but I digress.

Anyway, he's back where he rightfully belongs, standing upright below the Rose of Sharon bush in the front yard.

We knew we lived in a redneck neighborhood (trust me -- after two cars and a car porch were firebombed over the weekend by the girlfriend of a guy LIVING WITH HIS WIFE -- I'm not kidding, they live a block away, and it's the same guy who owns the black lab that attacked Bailey last spring), we thought nobody would resort to gnome-napping.

A scandal has been averted. There's no place like gnome...

No comments: