Thursday, July 5, 2007

Ouch!

Well, I guess you can't win them all.

Not only did the Nationals beat the Cubs 6-0 on Independence Day, I didn't get my George Washington bobble-head either. Turns out just about all of the 40,000 people in attendance wanted one too, and they were only giving out 20,000 of them.

I'd have probably gotten mine if I hadn't tailgated and drank beer with my softball friend Travis and his brother. But we waited until just about gametime to enter RFK Stadium, and by that time it was too late.

Oh well. You live, you learn, you move on. There are three more bobble-head giveaways this season, so I'll try and get one of those.

As for the game itself -- not much to cheer about. Rich Hill stunk on the mound, giving up a solo homer to Ryan Zimmerman and a grand slam to All-Star Dmitri Young. So now, the Cubs, who haven't scored in 15 consecutive innings, go for 3-for-4 tonight before heading to Pittsburgh to close out the first half before the All-Star break.

The only positive thing to take out of the loss: the Brewers lost too.

No comments: