Thursday, June 28, 2007

All I can think of is AHnold

So I went to the doctor yesterday to have a growth on my right thumb looked at. It's been there for more than a year, but lately it's been bothering me a little more than usual.

I thought it was a ganglion cyst, but imagine my surprise when the doctor told me it was a tumor! But no worries -- it's something called a Giant Cell Tumor, which are 99.9% benign.

The doctor stuck a needle in my thumb and said one of two things would happen: It would either pop, meaning it was a cyst, or it wouldn't, which means it's probably a tumor. Well, it didn't pop.

Of course you hear the word tumor and crazy things start popping into your mind. But I've done a bit of research on it, and from everything I've read, there's nothing to worry about. I'll have it surgically removed at the end of July, well after most of my softball season is over. Thank God!

As for the AHnold reference, it's from Kindergarten Cop. Makes me laugh every time.

No comments: