Sunday, April 29, 2007

Softball Opening Day (kind of)

The first of my two Opening Days for softball happened Saturday, with mixed results. My USA TODAY work team lost a heart-breaker in our first game against CNN, losing 7-6 when CNN scored four runs in the bottom of the seventh inning, all after two were out.

But we bounced back to win the second game 5-4, beating ABC News with a three-run rally of our own in the bottom of the sixth inning.

That makes us -- the defending champions -- 1-3. Not the start I wanted or hoped for. But I think we'll be just fine.

Check out the MMSL website here.

My next Opening Day is next Sunday when NITRO begins its 2007 season. Can't wait. I think we'll be pretty good this season (we say that every year). We have a different attitude and new uniforms -- you can never go wrong with new unies. Hopefully I'll have a picture to post after next week's games.

We'll be traveling to Philadelphia for Memorial Day. We were supposed to go to Chicago for July 4, but that tournament has been cancelled. Oh well.

The big tournament for us, though, is the NAGAAA World Series, which this year is in Phoenix in October.

Thank God. Could you imagine Phoenix in August, when the World Series is usually held?

No comments: