Sunday, April 8, 2007

Cubs up, Nationals down

Things are looking up for my beloved Chicago Cubs. It's early, but the offense is making a lot of noise and the pitching has been a surprise (until today's outing by Wade Miller).

Cheryl and Val attended yesterday's 6-3 victory at Milwaukee. Carlos Zambrano and Aramis Ramirez were the big guns. Glad those two got to see a well-deserved victory. I was supposed to go, but because I went to the NFC Championship Game in Chicago (well, a bar close to the game), I couldn't go to the Cubs-Brewers game.

Things aren't looking so hot for my second favorite team, the Washington Nationals. Ed and I attended opening day (a loss). After Sunday's 3-1 loss to Arizona -- which completed a four-game sweep for the Diamondbacks -- the Nats are a pitiful 1-6. And if it hadn't been for a three-run rally in the bottom of the ninth against the Marlins, they'd be 0-for-the-season.

I just have to keep telling myself that the new ballpark opens next season. But we still have to get through another 154 games. Oh my.

Thank God for the Presidents Races. They are about the only thing to look forward to at RFK this year. Maybe we'll even get to see Teddy Roosevelt win a race (he's 0-for-2 seasons). Or not.

2 comments:

Cheryl said...

How funny is that? That was a good outloud chuckle..

Cheryl said...

Mark, sorry about my comment. It was suppose to be on the Nappy blog.