Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Where have I been???

Umm, away? Hell I don't know. I just know I haven't blogged since Sept. 30, 2007. Good God, that was last year!

A lot has happened since then, and maybe that's why I just haven't had the desire. First and foremost, the Cubs were 3 and done in the playoffs. To the Arizona Diamondbacks. Bastards.

The Bears' season just ended, though on a good note, with a 33-25 win over the New Orleans Saints (take that JW or whatever the hell your name is now). But by winning their final two games they actually screwed themselves a little bit. Now instead of fifth or sixth pick in the draft they get No. 14. Please, if you are reading this, DRAFT A QUARTERBACK WHO CAN ACTUALLY WIN IN CHICAGO. PICK A RUNNING BACK WHO ISN'T CEDRIC BENSON. Sorry. Had to vent.

My sister Sue is OK I guess. She had her lung cancer surgery and then proceeded to start smoking again. She seems to think that since they cut part of her lung out that all the cancer is gone. Sure. And I'm going to win Powerball this week too.

She does like the doctor she's currently seeing, though, and he may be just the one to change her mind about chemotherapy. We'll see.

In reality TV land, Survivor: China has come and gone, with Todd, our little cutie mormon gay flight attendant walking away with the million bucks. He deserved it. Kid Nation is also over and probably won't be back. I liked it, but it raised a lot of concern over child labor laws and such. Pshaw.

And last but not least, we're down to the final four on The Amazing Race 12: Grandpa Don & Nick, Nate & Jen (please let them lose this week, please, please, please), Ron & Christina (Asian father and daughter -- he really treats her like crap), and the hippies, Rachel & TK.

I'm pulling for the hippies and grandpa & Nick. It's been a great year so far. Too bad the Goths are one. They were pretty funny.

Alfred E. Newman courtesy MAD Magazine

No comments: