Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Close, but yet so far away

Christmas is over dammit. My favorite time of year -- Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, packed malls the Saturday before the big day, but no snow -- again -- this year. One of these years I'd like to see a blizzard roll through here on Christmas Eve, dumping about 15 inches of snow. Now THAT would be a Christmas to remember.

Got some great gifts though -- an iPhone from Ed and a Cubs Derrek Lee jersey from my sister top the list.

And Christmas may be over, but that just means we're another day closer to our next cruise. Ed and I are going to Jamaica and the Grand Caymans on a five-night Celebrity cruise aboard Century. Can't wait. I don't know if we'll ever really vacation any other way than cruising.

After that? Pitchers and catchers report in mid-February, softball arrives in April and the Cubs win the World Series next October with new Japanese import Kosuke Fukudome being named MVP after Kerry Wood saves Game 7 at Wrigley Field against the Detroit Tigers.

I can dream, right?

Rudolph and Hermie courtesy CBS

No comments: