Monday, October 6, 2008

The Amazing Survivor Race

TV is another good release for Cubs depression. The Amazing Race, my favorite, was on last night and we said goodbye to Anthony and Stephanie. It's not a good sign when you aren't in the TV spotlight much anyway. I know it's only been two shows, but you can already see who the dominant teams are and these two weren't in that group.

Ex-NFLer Ken and bitchy wife Tina got through the Roadblock and Detour first, ending up at the pitstop in Brazil first. All my favorites are still alive, including the Nerds and the Frat Boys. If I were a betting man, and I am, I'd say the Southern Belles (seriously, the epitome of dumb blondes) are next to go.

And poor Sarah, having to put up with the ego that is Terrence. I hope she realizes what a dope this guy is before it's too late. Dude, who wears the pants in that relationship? Brother and sister combo Nick and Starr ain't the brightest bulbs either (though he is a cutie).

I love this show, and I think everybody knows that (in fact, if there is a 15th version of the show -- No. 14 airs in the spring -- Josh and I are going to enter). Seriously, though, how stupid are some of these people? They don't pay attention and they don't read the clues, then they wonder why they performed so badly or were eliminated. I just don't get it. Get me on this show and I'll show you how it's done.

As for Survivor: Gabon, we said bye bye to Paloma, another person who we really didn't get to know all too well. Sugar found the immunity idol on Exile Island, so unless she's an idiot, she should go far, taking bald boy Ace right with her. Watching this week's previews, there's apparently going to be some kind of Tribal shakeup, so it will be interesting to see how that shakes out.

Frat boys Andrew and Dan photo courtesy CBS

No comments: