Sunday, June 8, 2008

I'm at a loss ...

Well my work softball team in the Metropolitan Media Softball League is driving me nuts. We had a great first game yesterday, an 18-1 victory against post.com, then had one bad inning in a 7-5 loss to the Gazette. A couple of errors, a couple of walks and some timely hitting in the sixth inning plated five runs, proving to be the difference.

I really thought we had turned the corner by our performance in the first game and the way we started the second game. But, here we are 4-4, about halfway through the season. It also didn't help that it was about 98 degrees in the Washington, D.C. area yesterday.

We'll have to suck it up and try again next week. Onward and upward.

My other team, NITRO, isn't playing today, and has decided not to try and qualify for the NAGAAA softball World Series. A bit of discontent has reared its ugly head, I think, and the econony has reared its ugly head. Gas is too expensive airfare too high for people these days. Add the fact that you have to take a week off, and you'll end up spending more than $2,000.

Ah, but it is in Seattle. Oh well. Ed and I will definitely visit there again.

No comments: