Friday, June 27, 2008

Have those brooms at the ready

So it's weekend No. 2 of the Cubs-White Sux series, this time on the South Side. Hopefully, the results will be much the same as last week, when the Cubs pretty much put the Sux in their place with a three-game sweep at Wrigley.

The Cubs are coming off their first series loss at home since early May as the Baltimore Orioles took 2-of-3 from the boys in blue. That's OK. The Cubs still have the best record in baseball. And I still have a fondness in my heart for the Orioles. When I first moved to the D.C. area they were the only team to cheer for. And Camden Yards is probably the second-nicest baseball park I've ever been too, behind Wrigley Field of course.

But when the Nationals moved from Montreal to here, I quickly became a favorite. And trust me, it ain't all for the brand of baseball they've been playing. But it's closer than driving to Baltimore, and more National League teams come in, which means I know I'll get to see the Cubs at least once a year. And Nationals Park is pretty sweet, too.

So, onward and upward. Let's put socks in the mouths of Ozzie Guillen, Kenny Williams and Hawk Harrelson. Couldn't happen to a nicer bunch of guys (please note the sacrasm)...

No comments: