Sunday, June 1, 2008

At least the Cubs haven't let me down ...

... I can't say the same about my work softball team.

I really thought we had a pretty good chance for a three-peat in the Media League, but I'm beginning to have my doubts.

We are 3-3 after our third consecutive split. We could easily be 5-1 or even 6-0, but sporadic hitting and terrible defense have cost us several games.

Oh well. The Cubs won again yesterday, beating the Rockies 5-4, and have now won six consecutive games. The Cubs also own the best record in baseball. In an ironic twist, the last time the Cubs entered June 1 with the best record in baseball was 1908 -- the last year the Cubs won a World Series.

Hmmm. Destiny awaits. I think.

And the Cubs? Another victory today against the Colorado Rockies. That's seven in a row, with a trip to the West Coast up next. Bring it on ...

No comments: