Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Heading to Little Rock

Josh and I are heading out to Arkansas on Thursday. My Uncle Robert (on my dad's side) died Tuesday.

Hadn't seen the man in many years, and in fact, sister Cheryl and I had some unpleasant moments with him growing up. But he and my dad were pretty close, and I think I owe it to him to go and pay my last respects.

It will also give me a good chance to catch up with my siblings. Sue has had her second chemo treatment -- hopefully, the effects aren't as bad as the first. Brenda's getting ready to graduate from college, which means a return trip to the Rock in May. And Ron is the picture of health from what I'm hearing. Let's hope so.

Cheryl won't be able to make it. I lucked out into a plane ticket/rental car for $250. She would have to pay about $900 to fly this late out of Des Moines, and there are winter storm warnings up all over Iowa, Missouri and Arkansas were she to decide to drive. I think she made the right decision.

Back on Monday. Hopefully, with plenty of updates on Survivor and Big Brother!

No comments: