Monday, February 18, 2008

Could it be?

Another try at my own version of The Amazing Race? Well, maybe.

Last year Ed and I took part in the Urban Dare, which bills itself as "Part photo hunt, part trivia, and part dares." It was fun, but we didn't do particular well. We may try again in this year's event, which is scheduled for April 19.

And a few years ago we participated in another Urban Dare-like contest. Didn't fare too well in that one either.

But in my email box this morning was an email from a Jason who said he read my blog. I couldn't believe it! Somebody other than Ed and other close friends and family actually saw my blog. I'm almost blushing!

Anway, this one is called High Trek Adventure. It seems very Urban Dare-like also, billing itself as "Solve! Race! Win!" What is High Trek Adventure you ask? Here's their definition:

"High Trek Adventure is a unique, one-of-a-kind urban adventure game where brains beat brawn! Teams of 2 solve clever clues and face fun challenges all while navigating the urban jungle via foot or on public transportation! It's a scavenger hunt, with all the thrills of the amazing race, mixed in with trivial pursuit, throw in a mini road race and add a dash of cat-and-mouse. And voila! You've got High Trek Adventure!"

But the D.C. version isn't until Sept. 20, which does seem light-years away, as Jason said. But it looks like fun. I think I'll sign us up for both races this year.

Updates to come...

1 comment:

Kevino said...

at the beginning of this year's Urban Dare, we will attempt to set the Guinness World Record for the largest 3-legged race.