Monday, June 18, 2007

Softball's boys (and girls) of summer

It's almost July, so as one season starts to wind down, the other is going strong and probably will be well into the fall.

My work team started the season 0-3, but we then won eight in a row before getting our butts handed to us last week by AOL in a 15-1 loss. I've coached the USA TODAY team for more than 10 years and I can't ever remember us getting beaten that badly. I just hope we got it out of our system now, before the MMSL tournament gets here.

But we have to get there first. We have two games this weekend, but our numbers are not good at all because of a company golf tournament. I guess if there was a week for this to happen, it's this one because we finish the season with division games against AOL and the Washington Times, two great rivals.

As for my gay league team, DC Nitro, we are going to the Gay World Series, which is in Phoenix this year. It was moved to October (it's usually played in August) to avoid the heat. THANK GOD!!

Check out the Phoenix softball website. It's a good one.

No comments: