Monday, June 18, 2007

The gym? What's that?

Just kidding. I'm still trying to get there at least a couple of times a week. But softball is really keeping me on my toes and out of the gym for the moment.

But if you remember, when I started this little jaunt on Jan. 16, I weighed 190 pounds. I'm more than happy to report that I'm down to 165, which is about where I should be. Maintaining that will be the key. But I think I've changed my eating habits so much and made myself more aware of my weight that it shouldn't be a problem.

You know how it is when you approach 47 years old? You don't? Well you will.

And speaking of 47, that's a key age in our family. My mom died of a heart attack at 47, so when each one of us five kids has reached that age I think in the back of our minds we've all wondered if we would reach 48.

Thank God four of us have, and now it's my turn. I'm not too worried though. A lot has changed since my mom died in 1979, and our lives and how we live them have changed a lot too.

I just wish she and my dad (who died in 1992 at 64) were around to see how well their kids have turned out.

But I think they know already...

No comments: