Monday, May 7, 2007

Softball Sunday

Opening day in my gay softball league was not a good one. Frustrating to be exact.

My team, NITRO, lost twice. The team we have to beat to advance to the World Series, DC Disturbance (I like to call them the Disturbed) came back from an 8-0 deficit and a 12-5 deficit to beat us 14-13. We then lost to my old team, the DC Metz, 15-9.

The Disturbed do it to us every time. Seems like we get out to a big lead only to let them back in the game when our butts pucker up late in the game. The same thing happend in our Word Series qualifier a couple of years ago. But that may have been fate -- the Disturbed went on to win the B Division of the World Series that year in San Diego.

Not a good start for a team I consider one of the best I've played on. The World Series is in Phoenix this year, but if we don't come together soon, I'll be making plans for something else to do that first week of October.

No comments: