Monday, August 4, 2008

Weekend in New York

As I said in the previous post, Ed and I went to New York to visit his family. His grandmother celebrated her 90th birthday, and his grandfather, who has had both legs amputated because of circulation problems, was busted out of the rehab facility for the day on Saturday to celebrate the occasion.

I hope if and when I reach 90 that I'm still plugging along as well as those two are. Since I never really knew any of my grandparents, I consider Stanley and Jeannette my grandparents. They are definitely two peas in a pod, and it was good/fun to see them interact.

Ed's brother, sister-in-law and their two infant boys -- Jack and Sawyer -- came down for the weekend too. Jack is hell on wheels, but boy is he a cutie. He'll be a good big brother to Sawyer, who was just born in May.

We took Bailey along for the ride, leaving Dexter and Zoe behind with Josh to watch for the weekend. Having all three dogs would have been a nightmare, especially with the two youngsters (the dogs) being the crazies that they are. But I think Bailey had a great time, as the picture above shows. She loves to ride in the car and put her head out the window.

All in all, a great weekend.

No comments: