Monday, August 4, 2008

I love my iPhone

Granted, it's not the new 3G variety, but it's still a fabulous piece of work.

Since the 3G came out, Apple has provided an Apps Store where you can go and purchase downloads for the phone -- but there are plenty of free ones too. The ones I downloaded and like the best:

*The Star Wars phone saber. Yup. Shake your phone, point it at somebody and you get the sound of the saber from the movie. And it comes in different colors.

*Can you ever really have enough cowbell? Apparently not because I now have it on my phone, complete with my buddy Christopher Walken saying "I gotta have more cowbell!"

*SportsTap. From Major League Baseball to the NFL, NBA and NHL, from the NCAA to the PGA, sports updates are right at your fingertips.

*The Magic 8Ball. Just like the one you had as a kid. Ask a question, turn your phone over, and presto! The answer you've been waiting for. Or not.

*And, last but not least (I actually downloaded several more but these are my favorite), I can learn Spanish right on my phone. I ask the question and it gives it to me in Spanish, complete with a little woman inside the phone giving the correct pronunciation.

Don't have one yet? Then get out there and buy one. You'll be playing with it for hours.

No comments: